Saturday, November 25, 2006

THANKSGIVING LEFTOVERS



Thanksgiving day I ate out with friends at a scrumptious buffet. It was fine.
But Friday after work, I lamented the absence of leftovers. So today I went to the grocery store to get fixings for a roasted bird and stuffing.
I discovered that the Saturday after Thanksgiving is a great time to bargain shop for food. I may have a new personal tradition of cooking the big dinner right AFTER the holiday.
I got a great deal on the bird, super deal on bread for the stuffing, and I paid two dollars for a blueberry pie. Another plus was there was hardly anyone in the store. I guess most people’s refrigerators are already stuffed with food after the holiday.
I came home, prepared the dressing, stuffed the bird, and roasted it all afternoon. It came out lovely, with a crisp brown crust and moist pecan bread stuffing with crunchy bits and pieces.
I ate a little bit when it came out of the oven, and now I have leftovers in my fridge. And blueberry pie for breakfast.
I am one with the masses
Happy Thanksgiving however you feel it.

No comments: