Sunday, November 19, 2006

Now That I’m Old and Often Ignored..


...it’s nice when someone asks for my advice, especially younger people. But it’s hard to admit my experience may be lacking. I hate letting them down by revealing that I really don’t know if Sammy Hagar is a better front man than Diamond Dave. So in their eyes, I've lost touch and credibility.
As we age, do we make our playing field smaller by choice or neccessity?

How come they never have blind people on Blind Date?


I feel sorry for young people these days. With all the plastic surgery, you never know for sure what you’re getting when you meet someone new. You won’t know till the baby pops out what your partner physically brought to the table. We coud be breeding a nation of Alfred E. Neuman's.

How come it’s always old blues musicians that are obscure and found at age 60 as a "hidden treasure." You never see old obscure rock guys emerging from the shadows at 75. Can you imagine?
Maybe all the aging rockers who hadn't been discovered started singing the blues.
There might be a lot of undiscovered, old jazz artists but when people hear them playing they just think they’re crazy and don't know what they’re doing....

No comments: