Saturday, November 18, 2006

THE BAR SCENE

Someone once said "You can either be a good example, or a horrible warning."

Sometimes I'm one, sometimes the other. It makes for an interesting life.

Is This the Horrible Part?
Too many times I’ve heard, "I don’t want to meet people in a bar." Since I go to bars, I wonder why so many people have such a poor attitude towards "people in bars." Isn't that a generalization of the worst kind? Or am I delusional?
I love blues music, so I often go to crummy little joints to hear a good band. Even if no one talked with me all night, the music still soothes my soul. Does that make me undesirable?

Magnificent Obsession
I didn’t like the band so much, Anthony Gomes, but he’s good at what he does. Most of the crowd was real enthusiastic for him and he did have a great personality. He is very Robben Ford-ish but more Hendrix rocky....The blues will come later.
What was best about tonight was the company I kept and a conversation I had with a man (Dennis b/f of Cathy) about him being half a woman. He had no qualms about stating this rather obvious fact, once you think about it. He is indeed, born of a woman impregnated by a man, and isn’t he really half a woman!?
We’re not talking parts, of which I’m sure he was all man. We’re talking PARTS of our beings here.
He mentioned God and asked me my beliefs. I told him I believed not in Jesus Christ but that God is Love-Love is God, there is no ‘physical being’. I said he would be a 'better man' than I if he could define Love for me, because then he could define my god.
Dennis immediately replied “God is a blonde with big tits. Some people bow down and pray to an old man with a long grey beard, I bow down before a woman with big tits. Love is a blonde with big tits.”
He had me there. He had no doubt who he adored.
It's good to be god.