Sunday, July 8, 2007

Sopranoed, and I wasn't even a fan....

"Being Sopranoed" has spawned into further meanings.
The one that hits closest to home for me is abruptly stopping in the middle of starting something and suddenly disappearing.

It's happened to me a few times in the past couple years with relationships.
I don't remember it happening before this. Why it's happening is what mystifies me.
The hardest to understand was a bi-weekly dating, close to daily emailing, phone a few times type relationship between me and a man I'd met from Craigslist. It was one of those instant attractions. That rarely happens for real, right?

This man and I got along famously, laughing at the same things, same sense of morality, good feelings about ourselves and others; it was fun and exciting to date him. He seemed to respond as if he felt the same, except sexually.
Sexually, we got turned on but it was never a strong desire on his part to take me in all ways. I know achieving real intimacy takes time, so I was being patient. We had been dating for three months.
Gosh, we had the best dates....comedy club, in his motorhome, movies & cooking at home, chocolate martini's, pedi-cab rides, just standing in a bar drinking beer.... it was easy to feel good.

And then, after a Saturday morning chore-date where he helped me cut a tree from my yard, he hugged me (we were both covered in sawdust and un-kissable), asked me to call him on the fourth while he was driving home from another city, and left.
I called and he called and we talked two or three times on the fourth. Then I never heard from him again.

I know he's alive so that's not it.

He just stopped. Not even a good-bye.

He Sopranoed me.

No comments: